Thursday, August 4, 2011

I got no homework but I got extra homework

Listen to this song by Fractured Arden. It will make your day. And then listen to this song by Scarred-Knee Veeraswami, from whom I borrowed the title for this post. Fortunately, I’m conclusively past the stage of being assigned homework. But boy did I have extra homework this week. I hardly want to think about how many projects I have to finish and how many chapters I have to write. It’s been pretty crazy. But somehow, it’s also been quite a calm week. And I think that’s in no small part due to some beautiful vegetables, simple but very nice meals, and desserts of fresh summer fruits and a glass of elderflower cordial. It makes me feel like I’m being good to myself, amid all the chaos and stress.
So here’s the veg box wrap-up for this week. Again some staples and some, ehm, ‘sometimes foods’. Sometimes veg? Ah, whatever. Nam nam nam nam.
Last week’s box: broccoli, watercress, cherry tomatoes, bunched Chioggia beetroot, courgettes, English green lettuce, red pepper, rocket, coriander.
This week’s box: baby leaf spinach, broccoli, bunched carrots, kohlrabi, plum tomatoes, Portobello mushrooms, red oak leaf lettuce, courgettes, new potatoes.
- Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment