:: three days ::
:: no cooking last wednesday, but indian take-out shared with my aunt and uncle. they came around for a cup of tea, and ended up staying for dinner. the best time. they are the sort of people who make you feel good and relaxed, even if the conversation is about something difficult.
:: my sweet boyfriend made a fruit salad (strawberries, blueberries, kiwis) on thursday for us to munch on while watching another epic episode of Our Friends in the North.
:: found these little baking tins at the thriftstore. there are twelve of them, and not one is exactly like the other. love that. I think I'm going to spend this friday afternoon browsing Breakfast, Lunch, Tea to find a recipe for something to bake in them. (if you're not familiar with that book, definitely check out the 'look inside' feature on the phaidon-site. it's perhaps the prettiest cookbook I own.) lemon tartlets? apricot and almond?
also, when I washed them, I guess I didn't take the teatowel to them fast enough (or, let's be honest, at all. just let them dry on the rack), and they developed these little spots of rust. anyone know a quick way to get rid of those?
- anne
No comments:
Post a Comment