After two weeks of great new discoveries, I had a bit of a dinner disaster. Trouble started with the fact that I hadn’t really made up my mind about what I was cooking (pesto? stir-fry? Northeast Asian?), so the thing I ended up with was all over the place. Trouble heightened when I decided that since this meal was already a pretty random affair, I wanted to make extra good use of it by cleaning out some fridge hoggers (which Word insists on changing to ‘huggers’. A fridge hugger, Word? Ree-lee?)
Anyway, I’m not even going to give a recipe – it’s not worth it. Just a little moral: Using leftovers is great. Fusion, however, is not. Accidental fusion: don’t even go there. And just because that cheddar needs to be used up doesn’t mean it will improve your semi-Japanese start of a meal. Learn! (But I did take revenge by making myself a nice apple crumble for dessert.)